Tuesday, April 15, 2008

MEATBALL SUBS


For dinner tonight we had meatball subs. I got this recipe from Rachel Ray and I adjusted it a bit for my taste buds...if you want the full recipe go to:


I think I need some more practice with my "food" photos but one day right? Anyway, this is how I made it:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place 1 pound of ground beef and 1 pound of sausage into a bowl and mix well with hands (do not over mix) , then make a well in the middle and fill with 1 beaten egg, 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs, 1 medium onion, 4 cloves of garlic (minced), 4 splashes of Worcestershire sauce, 1 cup of shredded Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.


Mix together well without over mixing and create meatballs and place on a pan.

Cook for about 15 minutes until cooked through and no pink is showing. After the meatballs have completed I put the buns in for a few minutes to toast them a bit. One day I would like to venture into making "homemade" buns but no time for that on a work night :) until then the bakery will have to do.



Also, when I have more time I would like to make my own marinara sauce but tonight Prego will have to do... My husband prefers the sauce to be heated and put at the table so it can be put on right before eating to avoid sogginess. So I build the sandwiches and placed freshly grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on the top and melt it in the oven for a few more minutes.

For tonight I also made fresh french fries with my new deep fryer (stayed tuned...homemade doughnuts this weekend!) I had the temp at 350 and the fries actually came out a bit soggy so I need to bump that up a bit...I'm still trying to dial this thing in but I really like it! You can adjust the temp and set the timer. My husband said I was taring up the stove with all the grease so this was our solution...


ENJOY!!



No comments: