Saturday, April 12, 2008

DALMATIAN DELIGHT


I have had this cute cookbook filled with entirely recipes that have to do with Oreos...right up my ally! My son's too, he can devour a bag if you would let him. I decided I needed something chocolaty in the house so I browsed this cookbook for a chocolate recipe. I came across Dalmatian Delight, it sounded perfect - chocolaty, creamy and cute! Here is how I made it:
I crushed 20 Oreo cookies in my little tiny food processor...about 6 at a time....I have been planting the seed in my husbands ear to buy me a nice, stainless steel one so I'm hoping I'll be able to do things like this more quickly! I guess I shouldn't complain it was better than doing it by hand, anyway, I really do think I need a bigger one because the cookies should have been chopped more finely than what I did because it made the crust too crumbly. Anyway, I'm sure it'll taste just fine...I'll just make sure it is done better next time (with my new processor he he)

Mix the crushed cookies with 1/3 cup of butter. The recipe calls for 1/4 but I think it needed a bit more to stick better.

Then coarsely chop 12 cookies - I used the pulse on my food processor and was too afraid to over chop so then I took them out and used a potato masher...worked pretty good - set aside.


At this time whip 1/2 cup of heavy cream until a bit fluffy but will be a bit flat too, that is OK.

Then beat 8 oz. of cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar with mixer at medium speed until creamy. I used my Kitchen Aid with the whisk attachment.


Fold in the whipped cream and chopped cookies.

Spread into prepared crust and refrigerate for 3 hours.


Then garnish with Oreos and chocolate chips for "toes" to make a paw.



ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Tara the Foodie said...

Aaww, that's so cute! You always have such imaginative goodies at your house. Yum!

KERMIT'S KUISINE said...

Thanks! The kids really love it when I do something "cute" and a little out of the ordinary. It was good too!

Thanks again!