Sunday, May 4, 2008

PECAN SQUARES

Hello! I have been on a huge dessert kick lately, a stressful day is just relieved with some baking! (and eating what was baked)
This is a good dessert if you really like pecan pie. I received this recipe from a cook book my grandma gave me that was a collection of recipes by Community United Methodist Church. Copyrighted by Morris Press Cookbooks. I have cooked more things from this cookbook and I have enjoyed them all. Hopefully I'll be able to share with you soon!

CRUST - Mix together flour, sugar, butter and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Press firmly into 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan - Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine eggs, corn syrp, sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly over hot crust. Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack and cut into bars.
FULL RECIPE
CRUST-
2 c. Flour
1/3 c. Sugar

3/4 c. butter, softened

1/4 tsp. salt

FILLING-
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c. Corn Syrup
1 1/2 c. Sugar
3 T. butter, melted

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

2 1/2 c. chopped pecans

In a large mixing bowl, blend together flour, sugar, butter and salt until mixutre resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar and butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly over hot crust. Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack and cut into bars.

1 comment:

Tara the Foodie said...

I love the gooey portion right below the pecan crust - that looks so good. I'm sure these are excellent with a nice cup of coffee (and a treadmill!) haha...